The purpose of the Policy and Advocacy Committee is to facilitate cancer nurses’ engagement in health policy and cancer control activities and influence cancer control policies at the global, national and local level.
The primary objective of the Policy and Advocacy Committee is to develop policy and advocate for actions which optimise nurses’ contribution to the care of people at risk for or living with cancer and raise awareness regional and international to cancer control.
The Committee will do this by performing the following functions:
- Develop and update position statements in areas of priority to ISNCC
- Disseminate and implement position statements using a range of communication platforms
- Identify opportunities for partnering with member organisations to enable translation of position statements and resources into other languages, using ISNCC policy for translation
- Advocate for the needs of cancer nursing in low- and middle-income countries
- Educate nurses about how to assess cancer control priorities and relevant health policies in their countries and advocate for change
- Respond to and comment on major cancer issues and activities that occur/take place around the world.
Yael Ben Gal, Israel
Mathew Adegbaju, Nigeria
Angela Adjetey Appiah, USA
Kylie Ash, Australia
Dawn Aubel, USA
Stavroula Chante, United Kingdom
Elizabeth Eves, United Kingdom
Catherine Gillespie, Qatar
Jane Marsh, Australia
Ariesta Milanti , Indonesia
Joanne Power, Canada
Finn Tysoe, Canada