The travel scholarship program has been established to further the mission and vision of the ISNCC to foster the development of cancer nursing internationally. The travel grants program particularly focuses on supporting our mission and vision in low and middle resource countries. Travel grant recipients will share their experiences and newly acquired knowledge with colleagues following attendance at the International Conference on Cancer Nursing.
In preparation for the conference on cancer nursing support is sought from a wide range of sponsors to fund a travel grants program. ISNCC cannot commit to a certain number of scholarships as it depends entirely on donations towards a conference scholarship fund. The purpose of the travel grants is to enable nurses from low and middle resource countries to attend the International Conference on Cancer Nursing and to participate in ISNCC meetings and activities. The travel grants normally support travel, accommodation and registration for the conference. Depending on the level of funding available for travel scholarships the ISNCC seeks to support the following categories of nominee for travel grants:
- Nurses invited to speak at the International Conference on Cancer Nursing.
- Representatives from national cancer nursing societies that are members of ISNCC to attend the Member Council meeting.
- Nurses seeking to establish a national cancer nursing society in a country where such a society does not yet exist.
- Nurses who have submitted abstracts that have been accepted for presentation at the International Conference on Cancer Nursing.
APPLICATION / NOMINATION PROCESS
Requests for a travel scholarship may be made by self-nomination (application) or by nomination by a colleague.The application/nomination must be fully completed and submitted by January 7th 2020. Earlier applications are encouraged. The nomination must be accompanied by a narrative of not more than 250 words, from the individual being nominated (or self-nominated) for the scholarship. The narrative should address the reasons for attending ICCN and the plans to share information upon return to the home country.
The applicant / nominated nurse must be:
- A nurse working in cancer care
- Free to travel to the country hosting the conference
- Able to acquire the necessary visa for the country hosting the conference
- From a low or middle resource country (as defined by the World Bank)
- Not receiving funding support to attend another ISNCC sponsored workshop associated with the conference
- Sufficiently fluent in English to understand the conference proceedings
- Provide a letter of support from a national cancer nursing society or where one does not exist, from a national nursing society or a place of employment.
Nurses who have received an ISNCC travel grant within the previous four years will not be eligible to apply.
Please e-mail completed application / nomination to
Suite 300, 1201 West Pender Street
Vancouver, BC V6E 2V2
Head office [+1] 604-681-2153
Fax [+1] 604.681.1049
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
The application process closed on January 7th,2020.